Shield WordPress Security
The Most Comprehensive and Highest-Rated Security System for WordPress (formerly the WordPress Simple Firewall).
Shield WordPress security is one of the most comprehensive and powerful security plugins available. It protects your WordPress site with maximum compatibility and provides a super simple platform for beginner as well as advanced users. It is a highly rated security system that combined with iControlIWP offers professionals and their businesses the perfect management platform for website security, automated backups, business continuity and disaster recovery. There is no better way to protect your most important online assets.
- It has its own WordPress independent security key to protect itself.
- With the Audit trail activity monitor you can review major actions on your site.
- Violate the firewall security rules and those web requests are blocked.
- Two-factor authentication and the brute force login protection.
- Catches Human comment spam without sending data to 3rd
- Fully automatic black listing engine that blocks IP addresses that have naughty hosts.
- WordPress lock down such as blocking file edits and enforcing SSL.
- Full control of the WordPress automatic updates.
Price: Starting from $1/month
Pricing model: Monthly Subscription
Free Trial: Not available
Pro’s & Con’s
- Blocks all automated Spam Bot comments.
- No pro restrictions on security features.
- The user interface is completely easy to setup.
- A private security group gets an exclusive membership.
- Super Admin Security – the only WordPress plugin that keeps away tampering.
- It’ll never break your website or hang itself on you.
- Shield now spams the plugin manageement screen with prefilled in five star review button via a URL shortener.
- it injects 2 iframes into your administration dashboard HTML pages that load a remote PHP script hosted on the author’s website.
This security plugin not only has amazing features but is also popular and in demand. It was originally built off the WordPress firewall 2 and it now includes 9 effective and clear Firewall blocking options that you can pick and choose for ultimate protection and compatibility. The login protection is also completely independent to the Firewall. It doesn’t even require IP Address ban lists and instead enforces a hard limit on to your WP sites and thus users are required to verify themselves when they login. Thus security is confirmed and a given.
- User identity verification using email based Two-Factor Authentication.
- Blocks malicious URLs and requests.
- Hides WordPress Admin and Login page
- All kinds of brute force attacks or attempted automatic bot logins on your login is prevented.
- Monitor login activity and restrict username sharing by the User Sessions Management.
- All automated spam bot comments are prevented and blocked.
- A detailed Audit Trail Log to review admin activity.
- WordPress Auto-updates can be turned on and off conveniently for plugins, themes and core.
- Without even logging in or disabling, all Firewall features can be temporarily turned off by an easy-to-use kill switch
- Security plugin – template