An extremely powerful anti-spam plugin that blocks spam-bots without annoying captcha images.
WPBruiser (formerly GoodBye Captcha) is an anti-spam and security plugin based on algorithms that identify spam bots without any annoying and hard to read captcha images. WPBruiser completely eliminates spam-bot signups, spam comments, even brute force attacks, the second you install it on your WordPress website. It is completely invisible to the end-user – no need to ever fill out a Captcha or other “human-detection” field ever again – and it just works!
back to menu ↑
- Detects client IP addresses using CloudFare, Incapsula, Cloudfront, RackSpace, Sucuri CloudProxy, AWS ELB
- Compatible with WordPress multisite with network admin interface ready and with cache plugins like WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, ZenCache, WP Fastest Cache and others.
- Automatically detects brute force protection
- Prevents user enumeration
- Ability to block dangerous IP addresses involved in brute force attacks and to block dangerous Anonymous Proxy IP addresses including TOR networks, TOR nodes and TOR exit points.
- Ability to completely disable XML-RPC service and make it seamlessly work with JetPack Plugin activated.
- Ability to disable XML-RPC pingbacks
- Email notifications when brute force is detected and provide statistics, reports, maps and charts with all blocked spam attempts
Pricing model: Free/pay for extensions
Free Trial: Free version available.
Pro’s & Con’s
- Standard WordPress login form, registration form, forgot password and comments form integration
- Ability to set maximum number of characters for each comment field
- Automatically block IP addresses and purge logs older than a certain number of days
- Manually white-list trusted IP addresses and block/unblock IP addresses
- Can be switched to ‘Test mode’ for testing
- It works in the background and is invisible for end users
- No requests to external API’s can be made
- Does not effect page loading times
- Blocks spam as well as humans occasionally
- Lots of ads
back to menu ↑
Competitors Pluginsback to menu ↑
Unlike other anti-spam plugins, which detect spam comments and signups after the fact and move them to your spam folder, which you then have to delete – using up not only your website’s resources, but your time as well, WPBruiser prevents the bots from leaving spam in the first place. The result is that your site is not only spam free, it’s faster and more secure. In addition, WPBruiser is completely self-contained and does not need to connect to any outside service. Your logins remain yours, 100%. WPBruiser fights Brute Force attacks and eliminates spam-bots on comments, signup pages as well as login and password reset pages. At the click of a button, you can decide which forms to protect.
- Tech support
- WP forms protection
- Brute force protection
- Tracking IP addresses
- Bots actions logging
- Manage IP addresses
- WP multisite ready
- Instant notifications
- Advanced reporting
- Anti-spam plugin – template