W3 Total Cache Review
Search Engine (SEO) & Performance Optimization (WPO) via caching. Integrated caching: CDN, Minify, Page, Object, Fragment, Database support.
W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience by improving website performance, reducing download times via features such as content delivery network (CDN) integration. It is the only web host agnostic WordPress Performance Optimization (WPO) framework recommended by countless web developers and web hosts.
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetestor significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rankon Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
Pricing model: Subscrition
Free Trial: Free version available.
Pro’s & Con’s
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated server and clusters
- Caching of feeds in memory or on disk or on CDN, caching of database objects, caching of fragments.
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself.
- Respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups.
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)and WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and mor
- Documentation is poor with little to no error messages
- Doesn’t detect APC as Opcode cache even though it’s installed and visible as a page cache option
- caches everything with a default install and pushes users to upgrade to pro that costs 99$.
Improve the user experience for your readers without having to change WordPress, your theme, your plugins or how you produce your content by using W3 Total Cache. Your WordPress site loads in less than 2 seconds. It is the perfect tool for Search Engine Optimization via caching. The integrated caching options such as CDN, Minify, Page, Object, Fragment, Database support simplify and improve caching on your site.
- Mobile support by Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Secure Socket Layer Support (SSL)
- Import post attachments directly into media library
- WP-CLI support for cache purging and query string updating
- Reverse proxy integration with Nginx or Varnish
- Extension framework such as New Relic, Cloudflare, WPML for customization or extensibility.
- Security features are plenty
- Caching statistics for performance insights
- Cache plugin – template
Be the first to review “W3 Total Cache Review”
There are no reviews yet.